Our Wedding Day!

Our Wedding Day!
I Love you!

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A wonderful Weekend!

Rick and I went back to my hometown for 3 days and it was such a blessing and encouragement to spend time with those we love and are loved by.  To fellowship with some very dear Christians.  The wedding was very pretty and we saw lots of friends there!  It is hard to believe that some of the little kids that I used to watch and hang out with are old enough to be married now! 

I found out some sad news while I was gone and that is one of the children that I used to babysit (who is married and has a child) has left her husband and is dating someone else now.   I was just reading a friends blog and she was talking about someone who's marriage was struggling and it brought to mind a few conversations that I have had recently people telling me that the first year of marriage is awful, and that if you can make it through on year you will be ok.  I heard that from so many people in the last 9 months and it puzzles me because Rick and I have not had any trouble between ourselves and yes I know that we have only been married for 3 months.  But we have never fought, we have never argued.  I am not saying that it all has been easy but the pain and trying times have come from the outside and rumors that people have spread about us.  But we have learned not to let these things bother us as we know the truth will prevail!  Our God is so faithful!  I hear rumors that people think things aren't going well between the 2 of us but when I look and see where it comes from I laugh people who never see us or talk to us.  If you ask the people who REALLY know us they laugh and say they must not know you!  Rick and I are having great fun together and it has been such a blessing to learn to know each other more and watch God work in our lives.  I have seen Rick grow so much in the time that we have been married.  He has learned to stand up for what he thinks is right and I have watched him come out of his shell and make many friends!  It is such a blessing to have so many Christain friends.

We also had breakfast with Rowyn and her parents on Saturday.  Rowyn has a lot of stories to tell and loved looking at the Ultrasound pictures.  She can't wait to see my baby!  She is hoping to come over her and stay for a few days.  I can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. Adam and I haven't found the first year to be awful either. And yes I've heard that before to. God bless you and Rick

    ReplyDelete